Are you looking for an exciting way to share the insect world with your students?
ABC Bees has looked closely at the CBE's expectations
We look at the Needs of Plants and Animals and Lifecycles curriculum to offer a simple but explorative look in to the world of bees. The presentations can cover any of the following topics:
- Pollen and pollination
- What a pollinator is and what they have in common
- Role of the pollinator in the food web
- Lifecycles of bumblebees, solitary bees, and honeybees and how to identify/differntiate between them
- Primary presentation on honeybee lifecycles (from egg to mature bee, what are their tasks and responsibilities to the hive?)
- Seasonal behaviours
- Environmental impacts on honeybees: monocropping, pesticides and herbicides, disease
- How the children can help the bees survive
Is there something special that you would like us to cover?
ABC Bees is happy to alter and customize the presentations content based on your classrooms needs. If there is a particular topic or concern your students have decided to focus on, please let us know and we will do our best to fulfill your students needs. Contact us and we can schedule a classroom visit today!