Want To Gain Hands-On Experience Beekeeping and Managing Apiaries?
Why not apply to be an intern?
We are excited to announce ABC Bees 2017 internship positions!
Dates: The internship will begin the first week of May 2017 and finish mid October 2017
Time commitment: One afternoon EVERY OTHER week (Tuesdays, 10:00-4:00 pm)
Location: Meeting at ABC Headquarters outside Crossfield Alberta (30km north of Calgary on HWY2)
Requirements and Activities:
- Interns will come to ABC Bees headquarters or various Calgary/urban bee yards once a week to help with and learn from whatever project ABC Bees has on the go. Examples of projects include: assembling and painting beekeeping equipment, hive inspections, integrated pest management, queen rearing management and preparations, photography, honey harvesting, honey bottling, and record taking.… Some projects will be explained and supervised by us at ABC while others will require independent research and hands-on experimentation by the interns.
- The internship is unpaid – but read about the perks and benefits below.
Perks and Benefits:
- work closely with Eliese Watson on projects and benefit from mentorship, knowledge exchange and hands-on implementation;
- gain intimate knowledge of honey bee keeping on a larger urban scale with 40 hives to work with in our commercial relationships, educational hives, as well as private honey producing hives.
- graft and raise queens
- build out nucs and do integrated pest management
Applicants MUST have taken the Level One Beekeeping Course with ABC Bees to be considered for the internship position. Additional beekeeping experience is NOT required.
How to Apply:
2017 APPLICATIONS WILL BE POSTED AND OPEN IN FEBRUARY 2017 AND CLOSES FEBRUARY 26th, 2017
You must be a ABC Level One Beekeeping Graduate to apply.
Please download and complete the internship application form and email it to [email protected]